The Peach Belt Conference will hold its ninth annual Women in Athletics Seminar on Sept. 28 at the Belair Conference Center in Augusta, Ga. The event brings together student-athletes from Division II schools in the Peach Belt and around the region who may have an interest in pursuing a career in collegiate athletics with professional women from a wide spectrum of roles.
This year's keynote speaker is Katie Willett, Associate Commissioner for Compliance and Governance at the BIG EAST Conference. Willett, who has also been a panelist at the PBC Women in Athletics Seminar, also serves as the conference's Senior Woman Administrator. A former hockey player at Providence College, Willett served at the NCAA national office in Academic Membership Affairs. She has also been an assistant commissioner in the American East Conference and the Great Lakes Valley Conference (DII).
The event will begin with a panel of eight professional women taking questions and sharing their experiences with attendees. This year's panel includes:
- Kayla Adams, Director of Internal Operations & Administration, South Atlantic Conference
- Shannon Coulombe - Women's Golf Graduate Assistant, University of North Georgia
- Kaitlyn Lamb - Operations/Production Management, Fox Sports Southeast
- Erika Lang Montgomery - Head Women's Basketball Coach, Flagler College
- Sherika Montomery - Associate Athletic Director, Winthrop University
- Michelle Naval - Senior Community Affairs Coordinator, Augusta Sports Council
- Lindsay Reeves - Director of Athletics, University of North Georgia
- Dana Thomas - Director of Digital Communication, NCAA
Those wishing to attend need to contact the Senior Woman Administrator at their institution or reach the Peach Belt Conference here.