The Peach Belt Conference hosted its ninth annual Women in Athletics Seminar on Thursday in Augusta. The event drew nearly 100 female student-athletes along with eight panelists and a keynote address. The event was held at the Belair Conference Center.
Big East Associate Commissioner Katie Willett delivered the keynote address, emphasizing the need to be true to oneself, taking risks and giving back.
"I'm so thankful for the opportunity to speak at today's event," said Willett. "I firmly believe in the practice of mentorship; I have had great mentors in my life and this is a chance for me to perhaps serve in that role for young women who are planning their futures."
The seminar began with a panel discussion featuring eight professional women from all areas of collegiate sports. The panelists were:
- Kayla Adams, Director of Internal Operations & Administration, South Atlantic Conference
- Shannon Coulombe - Women's Golf Graduate Assistant, University of North Georgia
- Kaitlyn Lamb - Operations/Production Management, Fox Sports Southeast
- Erika Lang Montgomery - Head Women's Basketball Coach, Flagler College
- Sherika Montomery - Associate Athletic Director, Winthrop University
- Michelle Naval - Senior Community Affairs Coordinator, Augusta Sports Council
- Lindsay Reeves - Director of Athletics, University of North Georgia
- Dana Thomas - Director of Digital Communication, NCAA
The panel discussion was the most interactive the seminar has seen with questions coming over the course of two hours. Attendees also got to spend some time in small groups with the panelists and Willett and shared lunch together.